Ways to love yourself



Be active- find something that you love doing that gets your blood pumping. It'll send endorphins through your body that'll make you feel great!

Get enough sleep

Give yourself technology-free days- sometimes we let technology take over our lives. Gotta check twitter, check facebook, write a blog post, pin pretty pictures, text friends, etc. etc. Give yourself days off and unplug from it all. It gives you time to reevaluate your priorities and focus on what you really want to be doing with your time, instead of checking facebook 10 times in a row.

Laugh at yourself

Don't pay attention to scales-I haven't owned a scale.. well ever, but I haven't had access to one since I moved out of my parents' house and I haven't missed it one bit. I know when I feel healthy and when I feel lethargic or lazy. I don't need to obsess over a number, and having a scale anywhere nearby just invites you to step onto it and start feel bad about yourself. If you absolutely need to have a scale or are working on losing weight, just don't keep it where you can see it. Put it away until you do your weekly weigh in or however you do it for yourself personally.

Do that thing you've been avoiding- whether it's an awkward conversation, getting your oil changed, replying to emails, returning a phone call, whatever, just get it over with. It's more frustrating to have it hanging over your head than to just get it done with! Once you do it, you'll feel great to have it out of the way!

Wear bright colors- bring a little sunshine into the world!

Ask for help- I have a problem with asking people for help. I'm often too proud to ask for help, or just want to figure it out on my own. But there are people out there who know more than me about certain things, and I should tap that well of knowledge to my own benefit. Plus, other people often have a different perspective on things than you and can offer a solution or idea that you may have never come up with on your own!

Find role models who inspire you

Embrace who you are- There's no one else like you! Why try to be a bad copy of someone else, when you can be the best you that there ever was?

Tell people you love them- You don't have to do it in a traditional way, but let the people in your life who you love know that you love them!

Be friendly- I'm not a natural smiler... My face kind of just rests at a sort of countenance which ranges from disinterested to slightly unhappy. But I find that when I smile at people, whether it be passers by when I'm walking, or the checker at the grocery store, the smile seems to make them feel happier, and in turn, I feel happier... and so I smile more. Nice cycle eh?

Go through your things and get rid of stuff you don't need- I'm terrible at this. I always think, "well what if I want that thing in 6 months and have gotten rid of it!?" Guess what, self, it's not a big deal! I actually can't remember a time when that's happened.

Have compassion- Someone is tailgating you in traffic? Maybe they're late for a super important job interview, maybe they need to catch the ferry, maybe they just aren't paying attention. One of my friends always likes to tell herself that maybe the person is in labor and trying to get to the hospital, haha! Have compassion on others, you never know what battle they're fighting on that day.

Dance in your underwear- I love to do this. Usually it happens spontaneously, and not necessarily in my underwear, but it's so much fun! Turn on some music that makes your booty shake uncontrollably and get down with your bad self! Plus, it'll make you feel secretly sexy, which is such a powerful feeling! Whenever I dance like that it's like I feel like I could seduce anyone on the planet with my moves!

For more amazing ways to love yourself, check out Gala Darling's huge list!